home site map contact us
Deltagen
about deltagen
target discovery and validation
drug discovery
drug metabolism
pre clinical development
investor resources
news room

Press Releases


Deltagen Estimates Tax Breakdown of December 2006 Dividend
 
SAN MATEO , California , January 30, 2007 - Deltagen, Inc. (Pink Sheets: DGEN) paid a cash dividend of $0.20 per common share on December 28, 2006 to shareholders of record as of the close of business on December 18, 2006.  The Company estimates that 59.57% of the dividend will be classified as an ordinary dividend for income tax purposes.  The remaining 40.43% of the dividend paid to a shareholder will generally be treated first as a nontaxable return of capital to the extent of the shareholder's tax basis in his or her shares, with any excess amount over the shareholder's tax basis being treated as capital gain.  The Company does not make any guarantees as to the ultimate tax treatment and advises shareholders to consult their tax advisors.

About Deltagen

Deltagen, Inc. is a leading provider of drug discovery tools to the biopharmaceutical industry. Deltagen offers access to its extensive inventory of knockout mouse lines and related phenotypic data, which enhance the efficiency of target validation and drug discovery. In addition, Deltagen offers target validation data in the areas of immunology and metabolic diseases. Deltagen's products and programs have been validated by customers and partners such as Eli Lilly & Co., GlaxoSmithKline, Merck & Co., Inc. and Pfizer Inc. For more information on Deltagen, visit the Company's website at www.deltagen.com. 

Safe Harbor Statement

This press release contains "forward-looking statements," including statements about dividend declarations and estimated tax treatment thereof, as well as other matters that are not historical facts or information.  These forward-looking statements are based on management's current assumptions and expectations and involve risks, uncertainties and other important factors that may cause Deltagen's actual results to be materially different from any future results expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. There are no assurances that the Company will declare any future dividends.  Deltagen undertakes no obligation to update or revise any such forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.


©2007 Deltagen, Inc. All rights reserved.